The short answer: Anybody living or working in East London.
The long answer: Anybody living or working in the East London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Haringey, Newham, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.
You can nominate yourself or someone you know. All categories are open to groups and/or individuals.
An #Artskicker is an individual or organisation who:
- believes in the power of the arts to make the world a better place
- harnesses that power to give people a #KickUpTheArts
Says who? Says me. The Arts Crusader
These awards are for anyone who’s encouraging others to do something arty – music, dance, art, theatre, all those unsung heroes in the background who are bringing out the creativity in others.
It doesn’t have to be an arts professional – Tynchy Stryder has nominated his brother and in our experience mums feature highly when it comes to artskicking.
We want to hear about everyone who’s bringing the arts to their communities – big, small, business, charity, young, old, whoever’s inspiring YOU, we want to know!
Short Answer: The prizes. Wait till you see the prizes…
⚡To demonstrate and display your talents and skills (or those of the person you nominate) to a panel of judges drawn from a variety of disciplines across the arts.
⚡To demonstrate your talents and skills to existing and potential clients / partners / collaborators.
⚡To reassure clients / partners / collaborators that you are among the best in your field.
⚡To demonstrate your talents/skills to your peers.
⚡To get yourself (or whoever you nominate) some great PR opportunities.
⚡To boost morale and reward hard work.
⚡To highlight the importance and potential of creative thinking.
⚡To win prizes. Have we mentioned the prizes..??!
Shortlisted nominees (plus guest) will be invited to join the judging panel for a right fancy ceremony on this summer in Hackney. There’ll be shoulder rubbing, back clapping and a good deal of #artskicking, with very special guests and performances.
Winners will receive a specially commissioned, one of a kind award – last year’s were customised by Zabou – to display wherever they like.
SHORTLISTED NOMINEES will receive a unique letterpress certificate from New North Press
ALL nominees will be featured on the #Artskickers Wall of Fame and listed right here on our website.
Not everyone can get a gong, but thanks to our lovely sponsors we’ll make sure everyone gets a goody bag.
WHAT are you waiting for? NOMINATE NOW
Short answer: It’s free.
Long answer: It’s freeeeeeeeeeeee.
IT’S EASY TO NOMINATE, JUST FOLLOW THESE 3 STEPS:
Step 1: register your info
Step 2: tell us who you’re nominating, where we can find them
and why they’re so artskicking
Step 3: Voila, they’re on the road to glory
Make sure to press SUBMIT!
You can enter as many times as you like, by which we mean you can nominate as many #Artskickers as you like.
But you can only enter the same nominee in a max of 2 categories.
Short answer: pretty soon
Nominations open on Saturday April 21 and close Monday, May 28, 2018
A shortlist of up to ten from each category will be selected by the #Artskickers’ team after the closing date. This shortlist will then be submitted to the judging panel and they will limber up and choose one winner for each category.
Shortlisted entries will be contacted and winners will be announced at an #artskicking award ceremony in Hackney on Thursday, September 13.
- Closing date for entries is 12.00pm, Monday, May 28, 2018. We will be unable to consider entries made after this point.
- For all categories simply complete the online entry form before the May 28 deadline.
- The same individual / group / space cannot be entered into more than two
- The committee reserves the right to re-allocate entries that in their view are entered in the wrong category. These entries will be judged accordingly with the rest.
- A shortlist of up to ten nominees from each category will be selected by the #Artskickers committee after the closing date on May 14. This shortlist will then be submitted to the expert judging panel to choose one winner for each category. The judges’ decision is final and The #Artskickers Awards will not enter into any negotiations or discussion concerning the results.
- Shortlisted entries will be contacted, this will be via email or telephone (provided in the entry form) with 4 weeks notice of ceremony date (before end of 2018)
- 2 representatives from the shortlisted entries will be invited to attend the celebration and Awards Ceremony. Further details about the awards night will be provided to the shortlist once notified.
- The #Artskickers Awards accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Awards, including attendance at the Awards Ceremony or costs associated with submitting entries.
- The shortlist and winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity in relation to the Awards. The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and videos submitted by them in any publicity to promote the Awards.
- By submitting material, you agree to it being published on The #Artskickers Awards website, in LoveEast Magazine, associated social media channels and any publicity material connected to the Awards. We will only use it to promote The #Artskickers Awards and your entry. We will not publish any personal details that appear in the application or in any correspondence.
- Unfortunately, due to the volume of entries, correspondence or feedback can’t be given regarding entries. We’ll shout out everyone who’s nominated though on our #Artskickers wall of fame……!
- Your project or artskicking activity must have taken place during the #Artskickers year ending April 1, 2018 (or is ongoing) and was based in East London in the boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Haringey, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest.
- Entrants must certify that appropriate copyright clearances and permissions for all submitted materials have been obtained (e.g. permission of people in the photographs).
- By entering the awards, you agree that all information submitted by you is true, current and that all the necessary copyright/permission is in place.
- Your entry form, and any supplementary material, must relate specifically to your project.
- Your entry, and all information you submit and/or distribute to publicise your entry, must not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party.
- The #Artskickers Awards follows UK data protection legislation, and therefore any personal data you submit (email addresses, phone numbers etc.) will not be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent.
- Any data submitted to the Awards will be retained by The #Artskickers Awards for a reasonable period after the awards close, for administration purposes, in compliance with EU legal stipulations.
- The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right to make any changes to the deadline date or prizes that subsequently become necessary.
- The #Artskickers Awards may edit, remove or disable access to information and entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic (e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory, or for any other legitimate reason).
- The #Artskickers Awards also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions.
- The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards or any feature thereof with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud).
Awards Promoter: The #Artskickers Awards, 20 St. Philips Road, London E8 3BP