The short answer: Anybody living or working in East London.
The long answer: Anybody living or working in Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Havering and Hackney.
You can nominate yourself or someone you know. All categories are open to groups and/or individuals.
An #Artskicker is an individual or organisation who:
- believes in the power of the arts to make the world a better place
- harnesses that power to give people a #KickUpTheArts
Says who? Says me. The Arts Crusader
A quick Google search proposes that the definition of “the arts” is as follows
plural noun: the arts
1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
⚡works produced by human creative skill and imagination.
⚡creative activity resulting in the production of paintings, drawings, or sculpture.
⚡the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
If you fit in anywhere there you’re most definitely an #Artskicker.
We’d like to add that singers, dancers, movers, shakers and music makers are most definitely included 😉
Short Answer: The prizes. Wait till you see the prizes…
⚡To demonstrate and display your talents and skills (or those of the person you nominate) to a panel of judges drawn from a variety of disciplines across the arts.
⚡To demonstrate your talents and skills to existing and potential clients / partners / collaborators.
⚡To reassure clients / partners / collaborators that you are among the best in your field.
⚡To demonstrate your talents/skills to your peers.
⚡To get yourself (or whoever you nominate) some great PR opportunities.
⚡To boost morale and reward hard work.
⚡To highlight the importance and potential of creative thinking.
⚡To win prizes. Have we mentioned the prizes..??!
Shortlisted nominees (plus guest) will be invited to join the judging panel for a right fancy ceremony on Wednesday, March 29, in Hackney. There’ll be shoulder rubbing, back clapping and a good deal of #artskicking, with very special guests and performances.
⚡Winners will receive a specially commissioned, one of a kind award – customised by Zabou to display wherever they like – we understand loos are a popular place for such gongs 😉
?One COMMUNITY SUPERHERO will be treated to vouchers from ⚡e5Bakehouse ⚡ Dynamic Skin Therapy ⚡ Kennaland ⚡ Lardo ⚡Cowling & Wilcox AND have the chance to spend a day painting a wall with world famous streetartist D*Face
?Our winning TEACHER is getting ⚡a £200 shopping trip at Great Art in Shoreditch and a £150 voucher for art supplies for their school as well as a very special school trip for their class
?The winner of the SMARTIST category will get an actual real life Digital Mum to sort their social media for 6 months
? A lucky KICKSTARTER will spend quality time with a VERY important person and free Climpsons Coffee for a whole year ☕
?There’s also a chance for Future Artists (aged 5-12 / 13-18) to win a whole load of art supplies vouchers and the chance to be featured in their very own exhibition or rooftop concert (if performance is their thing) at Bootstrap Gallery. More details on this competition are HERE.
⚡ALL nominees will be featured on a dedicated social media channel and listed right here on our website, post event.
WHAT are you waiting for? NOMINATE NOW
Short answer: It’s free.
Long answer: It’s freeeeeeeeeeeee.
Short answer: Right here on our website. Like Dorothy in the wizard of Oz…click, click click and you’re home and dry!
Long answer: Finding a long answer to this is tricky… entering is super easy. Simply click on the link and we’ll walk you through it.
In most cases the whole process should take no more than ten minutes except for the Future Artists competition which may take a little longer (as long as it takes to post a picture to Instagram!). Click, click click…
You can enter as many times as you like, by which we mean you can nominate as many #artskickers as you like. But you can only enter the same nominee in a man of 2 categories. Got it?
Short answer: pretty soon
Long answer: The closing date for entries is 9.30am, Monday, March 6, 2017.
A shortlist of up to ten from each category will be selected by the Artskickers’ committee after the closing date. This shortlist will then be submitted to the judging panel and they will limber up and choose one winner for each category.
Shortlisted entries will be contacted before March 20 and winners will be announced at an #artskicking award ceremony on the evening of March 29, 2017 in Hackney.
- Closing date for entries is 9.30am, Monday, March 6, 2017. We will be unable to consider entries made after this point.
- For all categories simply complete the online entry form before the March 6 deadline.
- For the Future Artist Award you will need to take a picture or video of your artskicking piece, complete the online entry form and attach your photo or video before submitting.Alternatively, post your pic / video on facebook / Instagram / Twitter making sure to tag@TheArtsCrusader and use the hashtags #futureartskicker #artskickers, so we can find you.
- The same individual / group / space cannot be entered into more than two categories.
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate entries that in their view are entered in the wrong category. These entries will be judged accordingly with the rest.
- A shortlist of up to ten nominees from each category will be selected by the #Artskickers committee after the closing date on March 6. This shortlist will then be submitted to the expert judging panel to choose one winner for each category. The judges’ decision is final and The #Artskickers Awards will not enter into any negotiations or discussion concerning the results. Only the shortlisted entries will be contacted, this will be via email or telephone (provided in the entry form) before March 20.
- Representatives from the shortlisted entries will be invited to attend the celebration and Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 in Hackney. Further details about the awards night will be provided to the shortlist once notified.
- The #Artskickers Awards accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Awards, including attendance at the Awards Ceremony or costs associated with submitting entries.
- The shortlist and winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity in relation to the Awards. The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and videos submitted by them in any publicity to promote the Awards.
- By submitting material, you agree to it being published on The #Artskickers Awards website, in LoveEast Magazine, associated social media channels and any publicity material connected to the Awards. We will only use it to promote The #Artskickers Awards and your entry. We will not publish any personal details that appear in the application or in any correspondence.
- Unfortunately, due to the volume of entries, correspondence or feedback can’t be given regarding entries and materials submitted with entries will not be returned. We’ll shout out everyone who’s nominated though on our #Artskickers wall of fame……!
- Your project or artskicking activity must have taken place during the year ending 31 December, 2016 (or is ongoing) and was based in East London in the boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Havering and Hackney.
- Entrants must certify that appropriate copyright clearances and permissions for all submitted materials have been obtained (e.g. permission of people in the photographs).
- By entering the awards, you agree that all information submitted by you is true, current and that all the necessary copyright/permission is in place.
- Your entry form, and any supplementary material, must relate specifically to your project.
- Your entry, and all information you submit and/or distribute to publicise your entry, must not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party.
- The #Artskickers Awards follows UK data protection legislation, and therefore any personal data you submit (email addresses, phone numbers etc.) will not be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent.
- Any data submitted to the Awards will be retained by The #Artskickers Awards for a reasonable period after the awards close, for administration purposes.
- The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right to make any changes to the deadline date or prizes that subsequently become necessary.
- The #Artskickers Awards may edit, remove or disable access to information and entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic (e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory, or for any other legitimate reason).
- The #Artskickers Awards also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions.
- The #Artskickers Awards reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards or any feature thereof with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud).
Awards Promoter: The Arts Crusader, 20 St. Philips Road, London E8 3BP